Monday 4 October 2010

Images from a Visual Journal in 2007

It's interesting that when I started this blog, I thought of it as a new thing, but now this is the third project from the past I have brought in. I think this is because of who I am now and what I want to do now relate back to then, part of the journey that has brought me here today.
If a picture is worth a thousand words then what would a journal be like with just the images? How could I express my daily, ordinary life let alone my hopes, fears, frustrations and joys. Sadly, I never completed the whole year - I went to about July/Aug time. A lot of the days were just documents of the ordinary, however, trying to describe emotional aspects became very intense. Trying to document that everyday, I often felt that I wasn't 'living' enough to have anything to 'write' about.

However, issues about personal identity, self perception, what we think others are thinking about us, how the public persona and the internal angst co-exist. How many of us are still trying to make peace with ourselves - not just in physical appearance, but also mentally and emotionally, and how does that lack of peace affect daily lives and interactions? 










No comments:

Post a Comment